Friday, February 26, 2010

Ah, sleep did not come. . .I often feel the pain and restlessness of those I hold in my heart :-)
I knew I was too tired to kayak as 'scheduled...(just trying to fit everything in these last few days.) And guess what! It's raining...
The island rejoices.
We drive West hoping for a day in Limahuli Garden. The clouds are spitting showers. Our shoes are flip flops, so we waffle as to whether or not to climb. I decide to make my contribution a purchase. I buy black and silver pineapples a pattern historically used in quilt making. They will replace the one I lost on the cruise ship in September.
So Dan and drive back to Hanalei for tonight's sushi roll and a slice of haupia, or coconut pie. This year it comes in vanilla or chocolate.
We choose the white version, tomorrow the cocoa.
We choose a new eatery: Bouchon's. It's a good choice. The veggie wrap is warm and juicey sauteed veggies with crisp ones. Dan has the chicken pineapple sandwich.
Then we go see Rosary. We have been discussing the purchase of a third week at The Cliffs. It's a pretty easy decision. On the way back to our unit we happen upon Mary, Earl's wife. Her eyes a glitter, she says, "Yeah!!!" Welcome to another week in Paradise. (Oh, yes.)
It's a bit drizzly so we decide to walk from the Hanalei Colony Resort to St. Regis. Once we need to duck under a big banana leaf near Puu Poa to escape a serious shower. Then we find the Hotel. OMG
I take quite a few photos. I Love the Fountain and Murano Chandelier. Have I already blogged this?
We hot tub to soothe the feet and meet a couple from Tucson. Dan grills a NY steak at the gazebo and we join up; me and my snow crab sushi.
The whales have been hiding today!
We sleep well tonight to rain . . . .Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment